Data-driven innovation & technology scouting is here.
Almost 3,500 new patents are granted worldwide… every single day. Half a trillion dollars a year are spent in R&D in the US alone. The amount of innovation that is being created around the world is staggering.
New tools and services are emerging that leverage data and machine learning to help users investigate innovation and startups. They aggregate hundreds of data sources on technologies, innovators, patents, grants, research, startups, VC financing, M&A activity and investors, mapping out ecosystems and the global flow of innovation.
Evaluating each tool's features and strengths.
Not all datasets are created equal. Each of the tools we reviewed in this report is suited to different business goals. We evaluated each along five dimensions:
- Geographic Reach i.e. country, region, global.
- Financial Data i.e. data about investments, M&A, financials.
- R&D Data i.e. data about scientific and technology research
- Company Data i.e. data about companies/startup and profile details.
- Features & Tools i.e. search, analysis, visualization features and UX.
Don't miss out on valuable insights.
Are you looking to more effectively track global technology trends, startups and R&D activity?
Do you need to improve your process to scan, filter and screen technology scouting opportunities?
Are you exploring how to use data to sift through the noise and more accurately identify signals in the innovation ecosystem?